Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to BYOL!
The inspiration behind this blog is the search for endurance and athleticism, the quest for the healthiest foods and healthy living, for tips on training and the search to find peace with oneself. Essentially this is my journey to becoming the best athlete that I can be and I'm inviting you along for the ride!

As will become apparent over the coming days, weeks, months and years, this is really about finding a way to stay focused on training and nutrition. To allow me a forum to test new thoughts and methods and share with all of you the results that I find.

So who am I? While such a philosophically-rich question takes a lifetime to answer, here is a brief sketch of how I view myself. I am a 25 year old vegan. The transition from a T-Rex to herbivore took place, as it does for many, during the first years of college while living in a small Pennsylvania town. I've never looked back. Now I am a graduate student sojourning in the City that Never Sleeps and running, cycling and swimming as often as I can.

This blog, however is about inspirations. And I have become obsessively inspired by the incredible athletes who surround me. I've ran regularly for the past three or four years however recently these people have pushed me to finally start training for actual races. I am currently training for a half marathon but I have far bigger health and fitness goals. So start stretching now because it is going to be a long and exhausting journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment