Thursday, May 15, 2014

Super Green Salad Smoothie

I rarely share recipes for smoothies for two reasons, a) I rarely make the same smoothie twice since I typically just throw whatever is in my fridge into my vitamix, and b) because I created a smoothie guide to help you mix and match your way to your own superfood smoothies!

That said, this blend knocked my socks off the first time I made it, and after a little tinkering, I figured I’d share it.



1-2 medjool dates, pitted (or other sweetener)*
3-4 stalks of curly kale
¼ cup old fashioned oats
1 handful raw almonds soaked
3-4 broccoli florets (chopped)**
1 stalk carrot (chopped)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 frozen banana
½ teaspoon wheat grass powder or chlorella (optional)
4 cubes of ice
1 cup water or plant-based milk

* blending tip: if you soak the almonds and dates in water for 1 hour it will make blending easier, especially if you don't have a high-powered blender.

** blending tip: if you don't have a high-power blender, chop the broccoli and carrots into small pieces.

As always the information presented in this blog is for educational purposes only. It should not be considered as specific medical, nutritional, lifestyle, or other health-related advice.

1 comment:

  1. made it this morning. Sweeter than I was expecting. Simply delicious.

    ReplyDelete